Content Strategy & Information Architecture
The aim of this project was to provide a holistic technical communication solution for Hotels.com Platform Engineering teams.
This included evaluating the existing documentation state against key strategic objectives, user and stakeholder interests. Defining a desirable end state and creating a path to achieve a successful end-state.
Defining a Content Strategy in harmony with the needs of the audience and designing an extendable Information Architecture were key aspects of this project.
- Interviewing Platform Leads to define requirements.
- User Research with target audience – primarily Developers and Product teams.
- Conducting a Content Audit.
- Identifying and validating user flows.
- Defining teams in terms of the services they provide (aligning with an ITSM approach)
- Running Information Architecture workshops with teams.
- Designing an information architecture from a Top down (Categories and Sub- Categories) and Bottom up (Content Classification and Labelling – Taxonomy).
8. Evaluating documentation system options that met requirements.
9. Proposing a docs-as-code solution and implementing this.
10. Creating wireframes.
- Easy to use templates for content types delivered.
- Jekyll/Github docs-as-code solution implemented.
- Single entry ‘Platform Portal’ with distinctive look and feel delivered.